Below you will find information on frequently requested resources. You can also use My Search Tool to find resources and services near you in the Ottawa area.

If you need assistance finding information, please contact:

  • SCS if you are under 18. Ask to speak to a Service Access/Intake team member at 613-748-1788 or email
  • Developmental Services Ontario Eastern Region (DSOER) if you are 16 or over and want information on services for adults with a developmental disability. Ask to speak to a Service Navigator at 1-855-376-3737 or email .

About Sharing Resources
All resources that can benefit the people we support can be added to this section if they meet our selection criteria. If you know of a resource that we should add, please email us at

The resources are for informational purposes only, and do not represent a privileged association with SCS. By using these resources, you assume all risk and responsibility.

Click on a topic in the list below for more information:

Resource Room at SCS

For general information on developmental services or community resources, we welcome you to drop by our Resource Room at 1400 St. Laurent Boulevard, Suite 507, on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 3pm.

If you are currently not actively working with a case manager, one of our team members will be available to support you with information about community resources, completing applications and referrals.

If you are working with a case manager, please contact them directly to arrange an appointment.

SCS Instructional Videos
SCS is developing a series of instructional videos to help you complete essential steps yourself to request funding, services, supports and more. We select topics based on your most frequently asked questions.

Click on this link to access the library:


SCS provides families and individuals with information about respite options and links people to available respite services. This includes access to Direct Support Providers in our community that provide respite care. in Ottawa, formerly known as the Special Services Worker Bank, is part of a secure provincial website.

What is respite?
Respite is a ‘break’ that often helps families and caregivers take time off from care-giving for a short period of time. This allows them to spend their time on other important needs such as rest, relaxation and rejuvenation.

Respite is also an opportunity for a person who has a developmental disability or autism to meet new people, have fun and learn new skills. In short, respite can improve the quality of life of both the caregivers and their loved ones. in Ottawa in Ottawa is hosted by SCS. It is a secure website with tools that match you with Direct Support Providers who can provide respite. This service is available to children and adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism in Ottawa. in Ottawa’s website

Community Respite Services
There are overnight/out-of-home respite programs available in our community, some of which are funded by the Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and others which are private/fee for service.
Here are links to help you find programs:

Transition Youth to Adult Life

Change can be exciting and challenging for lots of people. The transition from high school life to life as an adult can be particularly so. It is a time for you as the person leaving high school and your family to make important decisions about the future. These decisions include making choices about education, employment, volunteering, relationships, community participation and social involvement.

Person-directed planning is an interactive, dynamic, person-focused, ongoing process that helps bring clarity to the decision-making process. It enables the identification of opportunities and experiences that are available in your community. It will help you to prepare, plan, set goals and take action to assist with a successful transition into life as an adult. Understanding and undertaking the steps involved in person-directed planning is often the first step required to building a good life in the community.


Person-directed planning (also called Person-Centered Planning)

This is an ongoing planning process that helps to ensure that we focus on what matters to the people we support and their families. Person-directed planning begins with listening to the persons and their families in order to understand what is important to them and to help make important decisions about their future. It builds on their dreams, strengths, capabilities and interests. Understanding what is of value to individuals and their families and knowing how to best support them is key to the process. SCS has Person-centered tools to support you with planning for the future that you want.

The following Person-Directed Planning guide has been designed by The Individualized Funding Coalition for Ontario and funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services of Ontario:
A Guide on Person-Directed Planning

For further resources, you may wish to search the Web using terms such as person centred planning, inclusion or social integration.

Crisis lines and important phone numbers

SCS is not a crisis centre.

Individuals in crisis need to contact the appropriate direct services, here are some options:

  • Emergencies (life threatening event or crime in progress)

  • Ottawa Police (other emergencies)

  • Children’s Aid Society (mandated to protect children and youth from abuse and neglect)

  • Child, Youth and Family Crisis Line (24 hour telephone service for children, youth and parents)

  • Ottawa region’s bilingual crisis lines (first point of access / crisis team)
    Youth: 613-260-2360
    Adults: 613-722-6914
    or 1-866-996-0991

  • The Distress Center (crisis intervention, information and referral)

  • City of Ottawa (Social and Community Support)

Important Documents

These documents can be saved or printed so that they can be filled out. If you need assistance in accessing a document, printing it or need help filling it out, please contact our Service Access/Intake team at 613-748-1788 or drop into our Resource Room.

My Search Tool

My Search Tool focuses on local services and supports for children, youth and adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism.

We invite you to browse through the information available. You can search the database by subject or agency. You can also print the information you find.

Image referring to My Search Tool

You can now access My Search Tool at to find resources and services near you in the Ottawa area!

If you would like more information about these services or you cannot find the service you need please call SCS at 613-748-1788, drop in to our resource room or send us a message at

Transfer Payment Resources

Transfer Payment Resources

Transfer Payment Resources (TPR) are public non-profit organizations, directly funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS). These agencies are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board is mandated by MCCSS to offer services and/or programs to the community. Service contracts are signed between the parties and describe the nature of the services offered.

Outside Paid Resources

Outside Paid Resources

Outside Paid Resources (OPR) are private organizations that may or may not be for profit. These organizations are directly funded and monitored by TPRs and service agreements are signed between the parties. Families can also purchase services from these organizations directly, but families are responsible for the services they purchase directly.

  • Bairncroft Residential Services Inc. (Residential and Day services)
  • Chamomile Country Project (Residential services)
  • Genesis Residential Treatment Program (Residential services)
  • Kids Kare Agency (Residential services)
  • Main Street Community Services (Residential and Day services)
  • Partners in Parenting (Residential and Day services)
  • Résidence Birchgrove (Residential services)
  • Résidences Léonard (Residential services)
  • River View Homes Inc. Residential and Day services)
  • Sonshine Families Inc (Residential and Day services)
  • Supportive Therapeutic Enhanced Program (S.T.E.P.) (Residential services)
  • Walk of Grace Residential Services Inc. (Residential services)
  • Welcome Home Residence (Residential services)
Community Resources

Community Resources

Passport eCLAIM

What is Passport eCLAIM?

The Passport eCLAIM is an electronic method to submit Passport invoices. Passport clients and their Person Managing Funds can use this site to download a personalized eCLAIM (fillable PDF) on their computer, and submit the completed eCLAIM to this web site. The eCLAIM will be processed electronically and you will be able to view submission history and their status.

You can visit the website of Developmental Services Ontario to learn more about Passport eCLAIM, which includes instructional videos. Click on this link to access their website: