Residential and Community Services (RCS)
Region served: Ottawa
If you are a youth in extended care with the Children Aid Society (previously known as Crown Ward) transitioning to adult services and receiving residential services with private supports, a Resource Coordinator can work with you to monitor the quality of your current services and develop a plan to meet your goals.
A resource coordinator will help you:
‣ Focus on goals that are important to you
‣ Include the people who are important to you
‣ Identify your strengths and interests
‣ Build and strengthen your relationships and support network
‣ Plan for life transitions
‣ Coordinate meetings with other service providers by:
◦ Assisting you with preparing for the meeting
‣ Support problem solving and group facilitation
‣ Coordinate community resources, such as:
◦ Skills development or education programs
Must be a youth in extended care with the Children Aid Society (previously known as Crown Ward) transitioning to adult services and receiving residential services with private supports.
The Children’s Aid Society applies directly to RCS on behalf of the youth, once they are confirmed eligible with Developmental Services Ontario (DSO).
Related documents or important resources:
- Children Aid’s Society Ottawa
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT)
- Telephone: 613-748-1788 TTY: 1-855-777-5787 Fax: 613-748-9127
Not included in this service:
RCS does not offer residential services or day programs.