As you know, Autism Ontario does not have an office space in the region. I have been working with a few local organizations to book office space when families request in-person meetings. I also have been meeting families at their local libraries when necessary.
For the next few months, CHEO has offered Autism Ontario some office space to help accommodate the high demand of in-person meetings that I have been receiving. These office hours will be by appointment only.
- Mondays – 9:00am-2:00pm – CHEO Kanata – 109-1002 Beaverbrook Road
- Wednesdays – 9:00am-2:00pm – CHEO St-Laurent – 2280 St-Laurent Boulevard, Suite 103
*Please note that Autism Ontario does not endorse one service provider over another. I do make this very clear to families when I am asked about local services. We do value our local partnerships and I would certainly be open to work with any agency or organization who is interested in collaborating on workshops, information sessions, office hours, or Social Learning Opportunities.*
- Wednesday, January 29th – Information Session on the Ontario Autism Program(ENGLISH): https://www.autismontario.com/civicrm/event/info?id=2378
- Saturday, February 1st – Quickstart – Workshop: Impactful ways to use the Ontario Childhood Budget for Your Child
- I will be joining Quickstart for an all day workshop on the Ontario Autism Program. I will be presenting in the morning to provide caregivers with an update on the OAP, how to navigate the program, identifying eligible expenses, etc. Family can register on the Quickstart website: https://quickstartautism.ca/events/workshop-impactful-ways-to-use-the-ontario-childhood-budget-for-your-child-2020-02-01.htm
- Monday, February 3rd – Information Session on the Ontario Autism Program (ENGLISH): https://www.autismontario.com/civicrm/event/info?id=2600
- Wednesday, February 5th – Putting Edge Family Mini Golf Event (BILINGUAL): https://www.autismontario.com/civicrm/event/info?id=2592
- Saturday, February 8th – Pakenham Snow Tubing Event (BILINGUAL): https://www.autismontario.com/civicrm/event/info?id=2329
Above Event Currently full – Family can still register for the waitlist
- Monday, February 10th – Information Session on the Ontario Autism Program (FRENCH): https://www.autismontario.com/civicrm/event/info?id=2601
- Tuesday, February 11th – Caregiver Coffee and Chat with a Speech-Language Pathologist (BILINGUAL): https://www.autismontario.com/civicrm/event/info?id=2587
- Saturday, February 29th – Cornwall Family Swim (BILINGUAL): https://www.autismontario.com/civicrm/event/info?id=2591
I have also partnered with CHEO and Service Coordination to facilitate information sessions for families with a new diagnosis. If you are supporting families with a new diagnosis who would benefit from an information session, you can direct them to the Access Team at CHEO: https://www.cheo.on.ca/en/clinics-services-programs/access-team.aspx
Social Learning Opportunities (SLO)
Our next round of Social Learning Opportunity Submission is February 1st! If you have any suggestions for events or workshops that you would like for us to run, please feel free to let me know! You can also complete the attached SLO Form if you are interested in partnering on something.
- Workshops: Information Session on Speech-Language Pathology, Information Session on ABA/IBI, Cornwall OAP Information Session, Hawkesbury OAP Information Session
- Events: Spring Autism Information Fair (Eligible OAP Services), Little Rays Reptiles, Family Bowling Ottawa, Family Bowling St-Isadore, Creation Workshop Cornwall, Xtreme Trampoline Ottawa